Apparel Production Manager
This is a contract position with full time potential.
Maker’s Row is an online marketplace that connects American manufacturers with small, medium-sized, and product-based businesses. At Maker’s Row, you have the opportunity to sit at the intersection of modern manufacturing and innovative business technology. We are looking for a affable team player that’s obsessed with sourcing, manufacturing & product development. We are looking for a talented, hyper-organized people-person that’s ready to apply your industry knowledge in managing multiple accounts and influencing the development of our software solutions. Our team is building the playground of the next American industrial revolution.
As an Apparel Production Manager, you will play an integral role in establishing the strategic product direction through close collaboration with external key stakeholders and product team. Part account manager/ part designer, this product development role offers closely with domestic sourcing, design and merchandising teams. As an production manager, you have the opportunity to shape the future of product design in the United States for everyone from early stage entrepreneurs to fortune 100 corporations.
This role requires that you manage multiple production cycles from numerous businesses evaluating design, time schedules, cost, pricing, competitive positioning, and lifecycle management. Maker’s Row is an environment where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
- Must be obsessively organized
- 5+ years experience designing sewn products. Knowledge of textiles, trims and notions/hardware
- 5+ years management experience in product sourcing, design and development
- 5+ years of domestic production experience
- Graphic and product design capabilities: Fluency in Adobe Illustrator, & Photoshop
- Self-starter, curiosity seeker; able to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication, relationship management, and presentation skills
- You have a “can-do” attitude and bring a pro-active problem-solving approach to developments throughout the process.
- You have the critical thinking abilities to successfully manage and develop multiple products across different product categories: from concept development through finalizing design and production.
- You embrace being in a lean, collaborative team environment and are motivated by continuous improvement and learning.
- Excellent sketching and visualizing skills with digital and physical media. You can draw in a group with pen and paper and you can also work in one or two of these: Illustrator, Photoshop, Procreate, Sketchbook Pro
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Email, Docs, Sheets).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills
- 4-year college degree
Maker's Row is a small, but mighty, growing team. We believe in offering best-in-class benefits, fostering engagement and supporting each other.
You will have access to...
- Fantastic Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)