Content + Social Media Intern
We are looking for someone with a passion for small business, entrepreneurship, and American manufacturing to support the Marketing Team. This position will provide hands-on experience in copywriting, social media, and analytics. The ideal candidate will bring energy and passion to everything they do and be comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment. This internship will take place during the fall/winter semester of 2017.
- Create and publish content across Maker’s Row social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Engage in proactive conversation and community management on a daily basis
- Assist in developing the Social Media Content Calendar
- Brainstorm on new content possibilities such as video production, podcasts, etc.
- Coordinate real-time social media publishing at events and/or during Twitter Chats, Google Hangouts etc.
- Identify and engage with key influencers including bloggers and Instagrammers
- Assist in the sourcing, development and curation of visual content including video and photography
- Evaluate and interpret weekly social media metrics as well as compile weekly and monthly social media reports
- Write approximately 1-2 articles per week for the Maker’s Row Blog that are high quality, SEO-friendly and in an edgy, bold and conversational tone of voice. Topics include entrepreneurship, growth, design, and manufacturing
- Interpret data on content performance and share these insights in periodic reports.
- Support the marketing team and assist in general marketing activities as needed
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Reddit, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter)
- Must be responsible, eager to learn, tech-savvy, team oriented and have a love for and strong knowledge in social media
- Team player with can-do, pro-active attitude
- Great communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- Have a demonstrated ability to post things that people share
- Prime Location: We are based in Downtown Brooklyn with a wide selection of restaurants, gyms, theaters, bakeries and waterfront attractions
- Easy Commute: Our offices are within a 3 block radius of A,C,F,N,R,2,3,4, & 5 trains!
- Exciting Startup Culture: Be a part of a startup company that is tackling exciting problems with simple solutions that will positively effect the world for generations to come
- Cross-Functional Teams: We are a dynamic and collaborative team that values insights from diverse backgrounds
- Great Team Activities: Join the team in brunches, team sports, happy hours, comedy shows and group destination trips
- Great Snacks: Weekly team lunches plus snacks all day, everyday