Lead Designer (UX/UI)
The team at Maker’s Row are building simple solutions that tackle important problems that will affect the way that US manufacturing works for generations to come.
We are currently looking for a UX/UI Designer who can provide the design and leadership skills required to create intuitive and effective solutions for our customers.
At Maker’s Row, we believe that the best products are created when Design, Engineering and Product Management have equal seats at the table. So, as a member of our team, you will play a critical role in growing our company.
The ideal candidate will have practiced both the art and the science of User Experience Design. Now, they are looking to own that role for a company and over time, help grow our a team and UX culture.
You will be involved in every step of the product development process, requiring you to...
- Shape, understand and adhere to the goals of our business
- Perform qualitative and quantitative user research as well as competitive analysis
- Translate your findings into functional concepts
- Clearly articulate your design decisions to business leaders
- Help the entire team embrace and understand the User Experience discipline
- 4+ years of UX design experience
- A track record of employing appropriate UX methods to solve problems
- A broad skillset and willingness to develop skills in new areas
- A proficiency in a variety of design tools (of your choice) for wireframing, visual design and prototyping
- The ability to demonstrate a well thought-out approach to design, based on principles, best practices and/or data.
- Experience working alongside and collaborating with engineering teams that operate within an agile development process
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and product stakeholders
- A commitment to learning, demonstrated by knowledge of the latest design, research and related technology trends
- A design approach which favors collaboration with the team, rather than working alone
- A portfolio which demonstrates most, if not all, of the above.
Bonus Points for:
- Candidates who have experience designing B2B SaaS solutions
- A track record of, leveraging varied user research techniques
- Startup Culture: We operate in a dynamic environment, are driven by a big vision and are challenged constantly, which provides an opportunity for growth that can’t be matched by traditional companies
- Mission: We are building simple solutions that tackle important problems that will affect the way that US manufacturing works for generations to come
- Location: We are based in Downtown Brooklyn within a 3 block radius of A,C,F,N,R,2,3,4, & 5 trains
- Stock options: We believe that great teams work as a group and win as a group
- Fitness: We actively support mind and body wellness through monthly allowance for your gym, yoga, spin membership (or another of your choosing)
- Health: Our benefits package includes top quality health and dental plans
- Team: We are a small but growing, dynamic and collaborative team that values insights from diverse backgrounds
- Friends: Enjoyed working with a product manager, developer or marketer in the past? Bring them along and build an A-team with us.