Apparel Product Manager
Apparel Product Manager
Maker’s Row is an online marketplace that inspires American businesses to think domestic first. Our unique platform connects American manufacturers and product-based businesses, making factory sourcing easy. We believe in the dream of entrepreneurs, designers, and small businesses, but understand how complicated the process of production can be. Our mission is to make manufacturing in the United States accessible, simple, and painless.
We’re looking for an Apparel Product Manager to help manage domestic production and product development. We are looking for someone with a passion for design, technology, small business and American manufacturing.
Apparel Product Manager responsibilities include:
- Oversee the product development and production process for brand accounts.
- Assist with factory and material sourcing and allocation.
- Accountable for costing execution and manages complex costing negotiations
- Coordination and communication with domestic factories and suppliers.
- Tracking and approval samples at proto to production stage.
- Ensuring factories achieve on-time delivery through production tracking & follow up.
- Transporting samples and supplies to and from local factories.
- Review production samples thoroughly and oversee quality control prior to shipment.
- Preparation of tech packs and cost-analyses worksheets.
- Attend fittings at all stages in development.
- Assist in daily operations including email, social media, and organizational tasks.
- Multitask different projects and platforms as needed.
- Strong interest in manufacturing, apparel, fashion, and home goods.
- Understanding of garment cost breakdowns and a strong eye for high-end garment construction.
- Ability to set up initial tech packs and communicate fit comments.
- Ability to create strong relationships with factory partners and client brands.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates efficient problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to process, deadlines, and organization.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Refined verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office, and Illustrator.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in production, sourcing, design, and product development.
- AA or BS in Fashion Design or like majors.
- Design background and experience is a plus.