Product Development Intern (paid)
Product Development Intern
Maker’s Row is an online marketplace that inspires American businesses to think domestic first. Our unique platform connects American manufacturers and product-based businesses, making factory sourcing easy. We believe in the dream of entrepreneurs, designers, and small businesses, but understand how complicated the process of production can be. Our mission is to make manufacturing in the United States accessible, simple, and painless.
We are looking for a product development intern to help assist our production team in design, development, and sample room management. The internship will enhance their understanding of coordination between concept to production. We are looking for someone with a passion for design, technology, small business and American manufacturing.
Product Development Intern responsibilities include:
- Coordination and communication with domestic factories to oversee the progress of products.
- Transporting samples and supplies to and from local factories.
- Participate in sourcing of domestic fabric, materials, and trims.
- Preparation of tech packs and cost-analyses worksheets.
- Flat hand and Illustrator sketches along with photoshop skills.
- Assist in market and trend research including concept decks, trend reports, and runway analysis.
- Assist in daily operations including email, social media, and organizational tasks.
- Multitask different projects and platforms as needed.
- Interest in manufacturing, apparel, fashion, and home goods.
- Strong research & analysis capabilities as well as sketching skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and organization.
- Well organized and ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Refined verbal and communication skills.
- Creative thinker with an excellent eye for composition, color, and detail.
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Currently studying or degree in Fashion Design or related major.
- 1 Year Experience is a plus.
- Paid Internship