Front End/Full Stack Engineer
The team at Maker’s Row are building simple solutions that tackle important problems that will affect the way that US manufacturing works for generations to come.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Engineer who has a primary focus on front-end development and who can help build new engaging features for our marketplace.
At Maker’s Row, we believe that the best products are created when Design, Engineering and Product Management have equal seats at the table. So, as a member of our team, you will play a critical role in growing our company.
This is a full-time staff position with an immediate start date.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong understanding and experience building responsive interfaces with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap & Less
- Strong Experience with React & Redux (or other front-end frameworks)
- Experience with PHP and a PHP MVC framework & Node.js
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs - building and consuming
- Experience with MySQL (or other RDBMS)
- Comfortable working within Linux environments and using the shell
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing tests (unit, functional, etc.) and using testing frameworks (Jasmine, Jest, CasperJS, etc.)
- 3-5 years professional experience - with production application war stories under your belt
- Attitude toward getting things done in conjunction with an appreciation for code quality
- Great communication skills. Strong opinions, weakly held
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives and comfortable seeking help
- Comfortable tackling new problems and learning along the way
- Appreciation for the principles behind the Agile Manifesto
- OSS contributions and/or public projects (Github/Bitbucket) we can discuss
- DevOps Experience (AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, Apache, Memcached, etc.)
- Startup Culture: We operate in a dynamic environment, are driven by a big vision and are challenged constantly, which provides an opportunity for growth that can’t be matched by traditional companies
- Mission: We are building simple solutions that tackle important problems that will affect the way that US manufacturing works for generations to come
- Location: We are based in Downtown Brooklyn within a 3 block radius of A,C,F,N,R,2,3,4, & 5 trains
- Stock options: We believe that great teams work as a group and win as a group
- Fitness: We actively support mind and body wellness through monthly allowance for your gym, yoga, spin membership (or another of your choosing)
- Health: Our benefits package includes top quality health and dental plans
- Team: We are a small but growing, dynamic and collaborative team that values insights from diverse backgrounds
- Friends: Enjoyed working with a product manager, developer or marketer in the past? Bring them along and build an A-team with us.